Do It Yourself
Some tips for working on projects yourself.
Painting Tips Do's and Don'ts
- DO: Take a paint sample to make sure the color works well in the room in various lighting and times of day.
- DO: Be sure to gather everything you need for your painting project in one spot, including paint, painting trays, tape, brushes and rollers.
- DO: Move furniture out of the room or towards the center and cover over with plastic. Tape off molding and light switches.
- DO: Make sure to have enough paint to cover the project for at least two coats (not counting primer).
- DON'T: Underestimate how long the project can take. It'll need at least 24 hours to dry before furniture can be moved back in.
- DON'T: Close doors. Leave them open for proper ventilation.
- DON'T: Paint over wallpaper. Be sure to remove it accordingly before primer and paint.
Project not going the way you expected? Should you ever need assistance with a project we'll be glad to help! Check out the Contact Us page to get in touch with us via phone or email.